Sri Lanka is a flat water paradise for kitesurfers, with a range of spots and wind for 8 months of the year, it’s easy to see why we decided to base ourselves there for 6 years!
For our trips to Sri Lanka we stay at Kitesurfing Lanka. It’s the largest kite camp in Kalpitiya, with different accommodation options from cosy tents to an air conditioned villa, all with 3 meals per day, transport to and from the spots, rescue boat and of course our coaching all included!
During the winter season (Mid December- End February) the wind picks up around midday and blows on average 15-20 knots until sunset, around 6pm. Due to the North Westerly direction we can kitesurf directly in front of our accommodation at Kitesurfing Lanka, where there is a perfect sand bar with butter flat water. Sometimes we’re lucky and get wind in the morning already, but if not there is diving or dolphin/whale watching and lots of other activities to keep you occupied.
So what’s included?
- 7 nights accommodation, with 3 meals per day
- 6 days coaching, includes daily beach sessions and video coaching
- Airport transfers
- ALL pictures and videos from the week
- 1 morning Dolphin watching trip
How much does it cost?
The price depends on what accommodation option you choose, but here are a couple of examples:
- Staying in a tent: 1430€ per person
- Staying in an air conditioned bungalow: 1650€ per person
- Staying in the beach bungalow or villa: 1900€ per Person
- We can also offer guest pricing without coaching, so if you have a group who’d like to join let us know!
What are the dates?
- We haven’t confirmed the dates yet for 2024 but we will offer 2 weeks in January. If you are interested in joining us please contact us.
In terms of accommodation the choice is up to you, with the cheapest option being the tents, and the most expensive being the Villa. Tents are generally always available but the more fancy rooms get booked up faster. The best thing is to CONTACT US and tell us what you need, once we know your dates we can let you know which rooms are available!